Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Highlights


Sometimes when I have drawn for my blog
I think what would folk like to see me draw.
That's when I slap myself hard across the face
and come to the realisation that I'm not drawing
for anyone but me!
It's just that with the evolution of the drawing
tablet, I can share my drawings with anyone
who chooses to view them but that is not the
reason I draw.
I have been drawing stuff all my life.
It's just that those doodles would end up in
a bottom drawer somewhere and would be
thrown out every time I moved, which was Lot's.
When doing those drawings, I wasn't showing them
to anybody.
Why would I.
They have no purpose for anyone else and really,
I'm not that good.
So for me to ever be hung up on style or looks or
other formulas to garner respect or a hundred
followers is shallow and ego driven.
I draw because I need to!
For me to waste a talent, no matter how meager,
is to deny my voice from having expression.
I don't necessarily understand that voice,
but I do obey it.

No comments:

Post a Comment