Monday, September 7, 2009

The Red Menace



The red menace.
 
You haven’t lived like me son
I smoked cigarettes like every one
Fought in a war that you didn’t support
Always have my crew cut short.
Never would I back down from a fight
There was never a time I was not right
Tough as nails when I was your age
Full of righteousness and rage.
I once had a wife a doting sweet old girl
She would cook and clean in a flutter and a whirl
Pick me up at the R.S.L. when I was pissed
My tucker always hot even when dinner was missed.
How I miss those meals of gravy and meat
And the three veg that I would never eat
Mmmmm, Her gravy always made off the fat
Its impossible now to get food as good as that.
And I sneer at the likes of you with your ideals
As I drive around crippled on my little wheels
You want to be healthy to see your grandkids grow
Well my family lives close but they never make a show.
My pain is real and my life has been hard
And I accept that I was dealt the wrong card
My doctor said that we all will break down
So you keep on living healthy you clown.
Joy never made anyone live any longer
Pain is inevitable and it only makes you stronger
I’ll keep living how I am used to nothing will change
I’m the one who is normal you’re the one who is strange.
Beer is my salvation and fried meat my taste
With out these things my life is a waste
My pension sees me through so I do what I like
As long as I can get there on my disability bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment